Sunday, July 24, 2005

I'm Back In The Saddle Again!

I'm back from my business trip in Olathe, KS. I flew back in Friday night into O'Hare airport on an extremely bumpy flight. Saturday was a wild day! I had to install 4 Stained Glass Overlay windows into a customers house at 10:00 am. I took a wrong turn and got to the customer's house 15 minutes late, so the day started out a little bad. The install took a little longer than expected, so I had to rush and pick up our lunch at Burger King (they have a great hot shrimp salad). Brought it back to our store and eat quickly. I had another appointment to go to, so I just made it there.

After work, we were invited to a friend's house - John and Melissa Sirridge for a smoked meat smorgasbord. John smoked a turkey breast, pork and salmon. Wow were they delicious! The turkey was as moist and flavorful as can be. We then proceeded to drink Grappa, which is a drink made from wine. This stuff goes down smooth as silk with an afterburn that will wake you up!

We followed up the Grappa with delicious peanut clusters made by Pam Winters. Now these were no ordinary peanut clusters. Pam added some butterscotch chips and a secret ingredient to make them dee-lect-able!

Sunday we are making the trip down to the Merchandise Mart in Chicago for the July gift show. We need to look for holiday gifts to sell at our store - Uncle Fat's Attic.

No comments: