Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why I Will Never Buy Another Saturn!

I own a Saturn 2000 L6. I recently went to the dealer in Dundee, IL to check out an air conditioning problem. After charging me $130 to charge the freon, they told me the compressor was bad and it was $1000 to replace it. That's right one thousand dollars! Not trusting the dealer, I went to my local mechanic. She took a look at it and agreed it was the compressor. She called around to all of her auto parts suppliers and lo and behold... none of them carry the part. You can only buy the part from Saturn if you are a dealer.

Two years ago, my battery went dead. Guess what, I could not replace the battery myself. Saturn had to replace it.

I have had the ignition changed 3 times under warranty and it went bad again. The taillight assembly had to be repaired at least 2 times.

The last time I took it to the dealer it cost me $800 and that was only getting half of what they told me was wrong getting fixed.

No more Saturn for me! I was proud to buy American, but perhps Toyota will appreciate my business.

I think I will totally avoid GMC products totally!

No comments: