Monday, May 23, 2005

Having a Wild Weekend

I had a fantastic weekend! It started out on Saturday going to a Crawdaddy Scramble at Plum Tree National Golf Course. We dined on a delicious dinner of Crawdaddys, Jambalya, salad, potatoes and corn on the cob. Great dinner. It ended while it was still light, so my friend Kent decided to take me out on the course for a few rounds. I have never played golf before, but always have wanted to try it out. Kent is a natural teacher and we had a great time on a beautiful course. We got back just in time for dessert - Bread Pudding. My favorite! If ya don't believe me, ask my pal - Andy Andrews! I don't share my Bread Pudding with anyone!

After we were done at the golf course, we took a ride to Grayslake, IL to visit the all night flea market. If you have never been to one of these, it is a must. We have a great time and stayed until about 1:00 am. Didn't buy too much, just a few cheap $1 items.

On Sunday we went to the Huntley Factory Shops. I had read an article in Organic Style magazine about storing and reheating food in plastic containers and decided it was time to give up the plasticware. We bought a set of Pyrex glass containers with venting lids. We got it at the Corningware outlet store at the Huntley Factory Shops. A 22 piece set cost us $29.00. Great bargin!

What I'm Reading:
Mitch Albom -
href="http://imdb.com/title/tt0207805/">Tuesday's With Morrie
(also a movie)


What I'm Watching:
Scott Cole - AM & PM Workouts



What I'm Listening To:
Daveed - This is a great cd!



What I'm Eating:

From the Food Network Show - Weighing In

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

No comments: