Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Poor Koi

I had an episode about 1 week ago, where I let my dogs out in the yard and went back upstairs to work. I work at home and my office is upstairs. After about 5 minutes or so I went downstairs to let the dogs back in and when I opened the patio door, here is my little dog Jazzy standing over a Koi almost as big as she is on the brick pavers. Now this is about 5 feet from my Koi pond. I quickly picked the fish up and placed him/her back in the water. I also noticed a puncture mark on the top of the fish. Right away, I blamed my dog Kirby. This is something Kirby would do. He is an obnoxious dog that will eat anything that looks and smells like food. Now I have changed my mind. I don't think Kirby grabbed this poor Koi from his home. Friends of ours John and Melissa pointed these facts out to me. Was Kirby wet around his head when I found the fish? No! Would Kirby be able to sit patiently at the edge of the pond and then quickly reach in and pull out a fish? No! I don't think Kirby has the patience. I think he has A.D.D. What possibly could have pulled that poor Koi from the water? I think maybe a hawk and either the dogs scared it away or the fish was too heavy for it to carry.

What are your thoughts folks? Any theories?



Here is a picture of Kirby to the left and Jazzy below.



No comments: