Monday, November 21, 2005

Turkey Day is Coming

I have had a cold the last week that has left me weak as a kitten. It's not like it's a really bad cold, I think it's the drugs I'm taking to combat it that are leaving me weak. Well, I can only hope I get rid of it before Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving is the Festival of Lights Parade in Historic Downtown Crystal Lake. I am one of two DJs for the Parade. My friend Joe Bellavia is the other. If you live in the area and have never seen the Parade I highly recommend it. We have somewhere around 50 units all lit by various type of lighting. There is music, baton twirling, calliope playing and more. It's all topped off with the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus and the lighting of the tree. Very cool! It you stop by, make sure you say hi. I'll be the DJ by the Clock Tower.

Live in Crystal Lake? How would you like to own the first Downtown Crystal Lake Christmas Ornament. Theses are a limited edition depicting the Downtown Train Station. You can place your order at Uncle Fat's Attic. The price is $20 and the proceeds go to fund downtown programs.

We went Friday night to a Skateboard competition at Warp Skate Park in Woodstock, IL. It was great fun watching the kids do all their tricks. A friend of ours has a line of skateboards - Wiseguy Skateboards. Some of the members of his team placed in the competition. Go to his website for photos.

What I'm Watching:
Shaun of the Dead - A comical takeoff of Dawn of The Dead. If you like zombie movies, this is a must see.



Land of the Dead - The latest in George Romero's "Dead" series. Excellent!




What I'm Listening To:
WNUA Sampler Vol. 18 - 2 discs - One is great smooth jazz and the other Christmas Jazz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark, I too, am a smooth jazz fan. I listen to Kenny G but I would like to get some more cd's. Can you give me the names of some other smooth jazz artists/albums with the same sound as Kenny or better? R