Friday, October 14, 2005

Painting The House

We started painting the house on Monday. After trying to pick colors for about 3-4 years, we finally decided on a combination right out of Better Homes and Gardens.

When we purchased our home the paint on the cedar trim looked great for the first year. It was all down hill after that. I think they used even a cheaper crappier paint than inside. The white started to darken and got worse and worse and worse. The trim around the side garage door, just completely fell off. So just the bare wood was left.

We painted for about 6 hours on Monday. Boy, did we feel it the next day! It's a bitch getting old!

I have trim around the windows on the second floor. Now, I had a brilliant idea. I will climb out the front bedroom window and stand on the roof and paint it. I open the bedroom window and try to take the screen out. It's in upside down! Crap! I go to the next bedroom... that screen is in backwards! Great builder huh! Now I am going to have to get the big old extension ladder our and climb the roof and paint. Then I will have to fix the screens from the outside.

Maybe I will take a picture today and post it! Kinda a somewhat before and after.

Oh, I almost forgot! We had a house guest over the weekend. A friend of ours needs us to watch one of her dogs for a couple of days. The dog's name was Alex. Alex is part Cocker Spaniel and something else. He is a very cool and calm dog. I felt very sorry for him the first night. Our male dog Kirby just stood in his face and barked and barked and barked. Poor Alex just cowered by my wife all night for protection. The next day was different, Alex and the other dogs played like they had known each other forever.

No comments: