Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's The Deal With Internet Coupons

My wife and I went shopping the other night to the local Woodman's grocery store. I love to use coupons and use them wherever I can. So at the checkout I hand the girl my coupons and she asks me - "Is this an internet coupon?". I answer "why yes it is." "I'm sorry, but we can't accept internet coupons". I ask her "You have accepted them from me in the past". She replies "We don't accept them any longer, they are too easy to copy". So now I'm majorly pissed off. I should have told them I didn't want the Boca Burgers in my cart, which the coupon was for. But, my Char wasn't feeling great at the moment and we decided to just leave.

Now, the way I see it if a company puts coupons on the internet they are well aware of the dangers of copying. The company will reimburse the grocery no matter what. And after all the main purpose they are placing those coupons out there is an incentive for people to buy there product. So even if people are copying the damn coupons, people are buying their products.

What are your thoughts folks? Am I pissing in the wind?

1 comment:

Sally said...

I think that's a ridiculous policy. I mean, printing it off the Internet is a form of "copying" it and if the company has put it out there to be used (and as you say, reimburses the store anyway) who cares if you print out (or copy) a dozen of them, as long as you are buying the product. Everyone wins. Sheesh.

Btw, I got an email from my friend Krissy (at filegirl.com) and she let me know you're looking for me. I'm formerly Amanda (that was an alias) of Human Mishaps. I told her to let you know but since I'm leaving a comment, I thought I'd clue you in anyway. My current blog is missingmojo.blogspot.com.