Saturday, October 09, 2004

Ed Gein and Traffic Musings

My wife and I drove into Chicago last night to visit my mother. The traffic going there was bad, but what was way worse was the return trip. We sat waiting at the toll booth for 30 minutes. Our governor wants to raise the tolls! I think they need to have some better planning going on. Since I have lived out in the far northwestern burbs (8 years), I have seen them expand the expressway at least 4 times. I could have saved them a considerable sum of money by telling them to do it 5 years ago. I don't need any fancy trending or logistics software, just plain common sense and driving around. Well enough of that topic. I had to get it off my chest.

This morning I watched the biography of Ed Gein on A&E. What a crazy guy. If you don't know about Ed, he was the inspiration for "Silence of the Lambs", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Psycho". This guy in Plainfield Wisconsin murderered 2 ladies and made clothing and masks from their bodies and dug up countless graves and made furniture and eating utensils out of them. You can read more about Ed in the book - Deviant. They have also made a movie of his life - Ed Gein. The human mind is very scary, isnt it!

No comments: