Saturday, October 30, 2004

Oh What A Night!

Boy it was some night last night. Char and I were working late at the store. I looked out the window at about 9:00 pm and said wow the lightening out south is looking pretty bad. I told Char, maybe she should go home and let the dogs out before a storm hits. We live about 15 minutes south of our store. Char left and after about 5 minutes, the sky opened up and dropped bucket after bucket of hail and rain. The winds were blowing so hard. all the leaves left on the trees were being thrown right off.

It was then that everything went black. A power failure! First a short one, then the power came back on, then another and another. The phone then rang and it was Char telling me she could not even see to drive. I told her to pull over and wait it out. Finally after about fiften mintes of what looked like the end of the world, it all came to a stop. I packed up what I needed and headed out while the gettin' was good. On the way home my cell phone rang. It was Char telling me it looked like a microburst hit our neighborhood.

When I arrived home, our metal gazebo had been pulled from it's stakes and thrown down on it's side about 5 feet from where it stood. Part of our fence was missing and our neighbors gazebo was laying in ruins behind our fence. What a mess! We had to pick up what we could and leave the rest for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark O'Meara, I was just blog surfing and found you! I really like your blog. If you are interested, go see my eBay Auctions site. It's related to eBay auctions. You might find something to entertain you. :-)